Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we have been flooded with questions about how to get involved in serving our community. Check out a few easy ways you can help, there’s something for everyone!
1. Volunteer to deliver food boxes to over 900 families in need of food and Turkeys for Thanksgiving. We will deliver this Saturday, November 21st and we still need drivers.
2. Listen to the WMGK John DeBella morning show on Tuesday, November 24th and donate turkeys at one of these great Turkey Drop locations or make an online gift to sponsor the purchase of a turkey.
3. Pray for the individuals and families who have reached out to us for help for Thanksgiving. We are praying that each person on our list would come to know or be reminded of how God loves them.
4. Share our post with your friends to help us spread the word.
Thank you! ~Kwinn
Kwinn Tucker, City Director
Ever wonder how our deliveries work? Check out this great 6abc footage from our archives. (click here)
Kwinn Tucker, City Director
The holiday season is here. If you have been wanting to celebrate by doing something special for someone in need, we have a few great ways you can at Cityteam. We have a list of over 1,000 families and over 2,500 children who can use your help that brings hope.
1. “Adopt” a Child or multiple children who need toys for Christmas. You will be provided a child’s first name, “wish list” of favorite toys, and clothing sizes to give you a personal connection with the child you are helping. Click here for more details.
2. Collect and Donate Toys and Food.. Print out these lists of most requested toys and our most needed food items.Please note the requested deadlines so that your donations do the most good this year.
3. Volunteer at one of our Thanksgiving or Christmas events. We have something for all ages, so check out the options by clicking here.
4. Donate financially. Just click here and remember to select “Philadelphia” to keep your gifts local
5. Share this post with your friends and family to help spread the word of all the good you can do to share help and hope with families in need throughout the holidays!
September marks the start of our busiest time at Cityteam. In the coming months, we will meet hundreds of families facing crisis, hunger, and homelessness. Together, we can make a difference for our neighbors in need. If you’d like to help, we’ve got something for everyone! Check out our top 5 suggestions:
1. Organize a food drive. We’ll be delivering food to over 1,000 families for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we’re just getting started with collecting food. Check out our list here.
2. Like to golf? Or a good charity dinner and auction? Our biggest fundraiser is just around the corner on September 29th and you can still register here to play or join us for dinner.
3. Volunteer to pack and deliver food and toys for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You will love how it feels to get hands on involved in making the holidays special for children an families. There are opportunities for all ages, sign up here.
4. Sponsor a Child in need to make this Christmas special for families in our area. We will supply you with a child or family’s toy wish list and you can shop away! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today.
5. Donate to Cityteam. Click here to make a financial gift to support food, holiday help, shelter, recovery and so much more through Cityteam Chester. Please designate “Philadelphia” to make sure that your gift stays local.
Please share our post with your friends and contact us with any questions at email@example.com.