Christmas is just around the corner! If you have been wanting to celebrate by doing something special for someone in need, we have a few great ways you can do so at Cityteam. We have a list of over 1,000 families and over 2,500 children who can use your help.
1. “Adopt” a Child or multiple children who need toys for Christmas. You will be provided a child’s first name, “wish list” of favorite toys, and clothing sizes to give you a personal connection with the child you are helping. Click here for more details or contact email@example.com.
2. Collect and Donate Toys and Food. Print out these lists of most requested toys and our most needed food items.Please note the requested deadlines so that your donations do the most good this year.
3. Drop In to one of these great events all over the Delaware Valley.
- Wednesday, December 2, Dine Out at Springmill Café in Conshohocken. They are donating a portion of all checks for the evening to Cityteam and we will also be collecting toys.
- Friday, December 4, meet up with K-LOVE at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and drop off toys.
- Sunday, December 6, Philadelphia Union Fans 5k & Holiday Family Party toy drop off 8am -12pm. You can still register for the 5k.
- Thursday, December 10, members of Delaware County Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Holiday Business After Hours Event at Republic Bank, Media –– with a Cityteam toy collection.
- Sunday, December 21, Cardinal O’Hara’s annual Family Christmas Mass & Tree Lighting includes a “Shower for Baby Jesus” collection of diapers, wipes and formula for Cityteam’s Mother Baby Program.
- Wednesday, December 30th Iron Hill Restaurant in Media will donate 20% of Dinner Check to Cityteam w/coupon.
4. Volunteer at one of our Christmas events. We have something for all ages, so check out the options by clicking here.
5. Donate financially. Just click here and remember to select “Philadelphia” to keep your gifts local
6. Share this post with your friends and family to help spread the word of all the good you can do to share help and hope with families in need throughout the holidays!
September marks the start of our busiest time at Cityteam. In the coming months, we will meet hundreds of families facing crisis, hunger, and homelessness. Together, we can make a difference for our neighbors in need. If you’d like to help, we’ve got something for everyone! Check out our top 5 suggestions:
1. Organize a food drive. We’ll be delivering food to over 1,000 families for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we’re just getting started with collecting food. Check out our list here.
2. Like to golf? Or a good charity dinner and auction? Our biggest fundraiser is just around the corner on September 29th and you can still register here to play or join us for dinner.
3. Volunteer to pack and deliver food and toys for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You will love how it feels to get hands on involved in making the holidays special for children an families. There are opportunities for all ages, sign up here.
4. Sponsor a Child in need to make this Christmas special for families in our area. We will supply you with a child or family’s toy wish list and you can shop away! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today.
5. Donate to Cityteam. Click here to make a financial gift to support food, holiday help, shelter, recovery and so much more through Cityteam Chester. Please designate “Philadelphia” to make sure that your gift stays local.
Please share our post with your friends and contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
Welcome to the Cityteam Chester Blog! For our first post, we are sharing a few facts that you may not know about us.
1. In 1989, before we even had a kitchen, our first ministry was serving one meal each week to hungry people in Chester. Volunteers at Cityteam Chester prepared and served food to people sitting on milk crates at make-shift tables. Our cafeteria looks a little nicer these days and we now serve over 200 meals prepared in our kitchen every day.
2. Cityteam Chester is supported by over 500 volunteers and serves over 18,000 people each year. Everyone involved in Cityteam Chester has a unique story of how God is using them and changing their lives. Read my story here.
3. Each year, several families get to leave the urban environment of the busy city for a fun-filled week of family camp with Cityteam. What most people don’t know is that our youngest camper was a little boy who was only 1 month old! He will turn 11 years old this summer.
4. Our on-site Nursing Clinic, sponsored by Widener University, provides free primary health care to uninsured or underinsured men, women, and children. Our clinic was featured in Widener’s most recent magazine (page 14).
5. In the early 1900’s long before it became a place for homeless and addicted men to find shelter and recovery, our building was first a Buick dealership. Some time after the dealership had gone, the first floor was a local dance hall. Behind the layers of paint there are hearts surrounding the names of former Chester residents who had pledged their love to each other.
Check back for upcoming posts featuring stories, updates and photos of what’s happening at Cityteam Chester!
Kwinn Tucker, City Director